Social Icons

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A "Pressing" Matter

Starting out as celebrity-endorsed detox cleanses, the pressed juice phenomena has taken the health world by storm. Formed through the pain-staking pulverization of fruits and veggies, these colorful drinks provide nutrition that consumers often lack in their daily intake.



The popular - and in my opinion, better - way to obtain pressed juice is by visiting your local juice bar, if you have one. There's just something comforting about watching fresh ingredients being pressed to-order. If you can't find a bar near you, select grocers are now selling pressed juice as well. The reason why I prefer juice bars is because of the freshness of the ingredients.

Enough with the juice speech.

The reason behind this post is that I recently tried a pressed-juice drink from my local juice bar, and I came out from the experience with mixed results. I wasn't crazy about the taste, but the health benefits made it seem somewhat worth the consumption. This got me thinking: Are people willing to sacrifice flavor for healthiness? 

I want to hear your opinion on pressed juice drinks.

Have you tried them?

Would YOU drink something with poor taste if it guaranteed nutrition?

No comments :

Post a Comment