Social Icons

Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'd Like To Propose A Toast.

I was unknowingly initiated into the beauty community at five years old. Like many other girls, I was enthralled by my mothers makeup - especially her red lips. Finally, my curiosity got the best of me and I crept into the powder room where the sacred lipstick was kept. My mother caught me red-handed - literally. I had only uncapped the tube when she walked in the room, startling me and causing me to nearly drop the lipstick on the white tile floor. In a shaky attempt to catch it, I also managed to color my palms red. Quite the embarrassment. My day of red-lipped glory finally arrived two months later, when I was getting ready for my end-of-year dance recital. This year's song was "Walk This Way," a rebellious anthem that required an equally bold makeup look: red lips! I felt like I was on top of the world for the rest of the night. After that, my passion for makeup and fashion grew faster than weeds in a flower garden.
I'm going to restrain from rambling, because I know that my stories aren't as entertaining to other as they are to myself - I'm one of those people that laughs at my own joke while everyone else slowly walks away. Basically, the beauty community has strengthened me. I've transformed from an awkward caterpillar into a confident butterfly, and the support from the community is the wind beneath my wings. 
I need to make something clear: I am a firm believer that the way someone looks doesn't define how beautiful they are. True beauty comes from within. The beauty community taught me a huge lesson: The most beautiful person in the room isn't the girl wearing the trendiest clothes or the sexiest makeup; It's the girl who recognizes that she is naturally beautiful and has a shining personality to match. 
RaiseYourGloss is my way of hallowing this amazing beauty community. This is a toast to the people who push past the fakes and shine in their own unique way; to the trendsetters and the fashionistas. We are going to prove that you can keep up with the latest trends without losing yourself in the process. Let's come together and celebrate.. everyone, raise your glosses! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment