Social Icons

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Nailspo: Chelsea King!

My nail inspiration - nailspo for short - is Chelsea King from ChelseasGetNailed. 

She recently posted a tutorial for a Sally Hansen nail contest involved "textured" nails, nails that you can touch and feel a texture on. The tutorial is so simple: Make an X-shape with two pieces of Scotch tape, and use that as a template to make shapes on your nails (Stay tuned for a tutorial!)

Here's Chelsea's nails..


And here are my nails. I wanted a bolder look, so I used a bright yellow as the base color and accented it with lavender, glittery gold and neon pink. 

[Please excuse my colorful cuticles; I took this picture before I cleaned the edges up!]


It looks so chic, and only took me an hour to do! It would take even less time if I didn't have to wait for each layer of color to dry.

Colors Used:

(Yellow) Sally Hansen - Lightening
(Lavender) OPI - You're Such A Budapest
(Gold) OPI - Goldeneye
(Pink) China Glaze - Pool Party

Happy Nail Polishing!
RaiseYourGloss

No comments :

Post a Comment