Social Icons

Monday, April 29, 2013

Give Me Some Sugar!

As any nutritionist will tell you, there are good and bad types of sugar. I've always steered clear of "bad" sugars - sugar substitutes such as Equal, for example - because it causes my super-sensitive skin to break out. However, my body needs a little bit of sugar to balance out its food pyramid, so I rely on the natural sugars from apples and other fruits to get me by.



Fresh has introduced the "good" sugar concept to the beauty community through their line of sugar polishes. A must-have cult product, this line is about as good as a sugar-based beauty product can get. As the name implies, each product is designed to "polish" a specific area - lips, face or body - by scrubbing away dead skin cells and revealing a natural, smooth glow.

In my opinion, all of these products are well worth the money. A little goes a long way with these scrubs! However, if you want a cheaper alternative, try scouting Pinterest for DIY recipes. Here's one for a brown sugar lip scrub.

A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down, but it can also enhance skincare efforts.

Love,
RaiseYourGloss

No comments :

Post a Comment