Social Icons

Monday, May 20, 2013

It's Hip to be Fit!

I'm not a health junkie. I don't thrive off of protein shakes or work out three times a day. I like to splurge sometimes, take a day off, eat the food I want and relax.

For people like me, working out can often be a daunting task. Yes, I always make myself do it, but it's so difficult to find a workout that has both of these key qualities:

1. Effective
2. FUN

Finding an entertaining workout for me is like trying to find an endangered species - nearly impossible. However, I was recently introduced to an entirely new kind of fitness that blends my love of dance with my need to be fit: hip hop aerobics!

You don't even have to be a good dancer to join this class. All it requires is enthusiasm (and willingness to sweat). I personally love it because it doesn't feel like a workout; It feels like I'm dancing at a giant hip hop party! The instructor presents you with specially-designed moves that flow with the music while targeting certain muscle areas, many of which you didn't even know existed until then. Plus, the cardio is amazing. Trust me - you might think you are toned, but after this class, you'll feel like you could be on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

If hip hop isn't your thing, don't fret. Aerobic dance classes come in infinite varieties, and many of them are a combination of dance styles. Salsa is definitely one of the most popular dances, with moves that focus especially on your core strength and hip movement.

If you like to shake your stuff on the dance floor, take that enthusiasm and turn it into your new favorite workout. I guarantee that Google will supply you with plenty of studios in your area.

Sore from today's class,
RaiseYourGloss

No comments :

Post a Comment